Thursday, May 5, 2016

Intros, Themes, and Silly Things.

So Let me start off by saying that I've been thinking about this blog for a while now. I had one before but basically used it as my diary and lets face it.... I was a very boring person then. I decided that this time I'd like to be better at this whole blogging thing and that I did NOT want to be boring anymore. I decided to Google the matter and see what professional bloggers say about how to get things started and was immediately overwhelmed. PICK A THEME, INTRODUCE YOURSELF, and (the real kicker) NAME YOUR BLOG.

Theme:
Theme....where do I even begin there. I'm not exceptionally good at any one thing, heck I'm barely okay at most things I try my hand at (marriage, mothering, cooking, homeschooling, even friendship). So I guess what my theme should be is "Things that I'm not completely failing at." Seems appropriate, and from what I see on the memes floating around Facebook it's something that almost every mom/wife/friend can relate to.

I'll skip introductions for now and get right to my most intimidating task....

Name Your Blog:
Seriously mind numbing blankness for a solid hour or more.... Many names circled in my mind, I'd look them up, and of course my genius blog name would already be taken. I have a Pinterest board called "Homeschool Mama Drama" but I knew I didn't really want the word homeschool in the blog name. It's not that I'm not proud that I homeschool it's just that this will not be an exclusively homeschool themed blog (this is my first year homeschooling so I do not have the authority to give any advice yet). When I realized there was already a blog named Mama Drama I Googled words that rhyme with drama. This led me to the word "melodrama", and it hit me like a freight train MELODRAMATICALLY NORMAL. I know the words contradict each other but I feel like most of the time I'm just one big walking contradiction. I like to talk to friends, but I hate calling. I like to be invited to things, but I don't usually want to go when it comes time to leave for them. I'm an introvert that is ridiculously extroverted once I get to know you. (just in case you're a Myers Briggs person... I'm an ISFJ) I'm already in love with my blog name, which I guess is a tremendous start.



Introductions:
I've already revealed a lot about myself in the previous paragraphs, but I guess I can expand a little on what you already know. My name is Sarah, I'm 29, I'm a stay at home homeschooling mom (which is very different from last year when I was a hairstylist at a kid's salon and worked 40 hours a week). I have been married to my husband Caleb for 11 years. If you're doing the math in your head, yes, I married him when I was 18 but that's a different blog post altogether. He works as a munitions handler on Redstone Aresenal and is also a Marine Corps veteran who is currently in the National Guard. He makes me laugh EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

We have two daughters, and yes I'm aware that neither of them look anything like me. Our oldest is Annie. Annie is her father's daughter, hyper, ADD, fun loving, smart, hilarious, life of the party. She is 9 now. NINE! I can't believe this is my last year to not have a double digit kid. Our youngest daughter is Lyla. Lyla is a shy, caring, quiet, snuggling, animal lover. She is 7 and is my little peanut. The girls are polar opposites but are each others best friends.

Also in our house you'll find two cats and one loveable doggy.
Callie and Jasmine look at us as if our only purpose in life is to feed them and stay out of their way. Its ok I love them anyway and I've heard that that's how most calicoes see humans. They do like to snuggle once you're asleep and have no idea they're showing you love.

Archie is the newest member of the household and let me tell you we hit the jackpot of dogs. He is literally the sweetest animal I have ever encountered, he adores children and will let my 2 year old niece sit on his back and pretend he's a horsey.

That's all the intros I have and wowza has this been a long blog post! Keep coming back and reading because from this point out I will carry a pen and paper with me wherever I go so that when inspiration from something interesting hits i'll be able to write it down to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment